Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The long-awaited DeKalb County Fair

We went to Fort Payne this weekend to take Hayes to the DeKalb County Fair and it was just too much fun! We have the Autauga County Fair and the Alabama National Fair here in the next couple of weeks, but in my mind it just doesn't get any better than the good 'ole DeKalb County one. When I was little I absolutely loved the fair and it just melted my heart this weekend to see Hayes' little blue eyes light up when he saw all the animals, lights and rides!

Of course, being the animal lover that he is, Hayes' went crazy over the petting zoo and we had to pay the animals at least four visits before we left.




Hayes also loved the tractors, and how cool is the two-seater?!? Hayes and I had a ball pretending we were racing :)




Of course, he loved all the fun rides too (and so did Daddy!) I really think that Hayes thought that every person watching their children on the rides were there to solely watch him, and he tried his darndest to wave at every single one of them!


And we even ran into the Davis family and Hayes was so excited to see his friend, Lindsay!
Of course we couldn't leave the fair without cotton candy!! YUM!

Some more pics....







So, the title of this post is "The long-awaited DeKalb County Fair" and to be quite honest, the better title would be "The long-awaited candy apple." I had visions of that little red apple for weeks, so I had to take mine home, sit down and enjoy it. It was everything I had dreamed of and more.
And after all the candy apples and cotton candy, bedtime was nowhere in sight and sweet Hayes was suffering from a serious sugar high. So, we just jumped up and down and enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment