Friday, October 22, 2010

Painting Pumpkins :)

I am loving that Hayes is at the age where he can really enjoy doing all the fun stuff that comes along with the holidays...such as painting pumpkins. I am not sure which of us enjoys these little projects more, but I think we all had fun painting Hayes' pumpkin last weekend. By the way, a huge shout out to the person who invented washable paint.
Oh but of course, things were going a little too smoothly and cleanly, so sweet Hayes had to spice up things a bit...and try to eat the paint. Thankfully, since I have become the mother of a mischievious (putting it nicely) toddler, I have developed cat-like reflexes and diverted the paint in the mouth disaster, and the camera even survived the toss on the concrete.
I have also learned that dirt (and washable paint) will wash off and spills can be cleaned up, so I just went with it when Hayes decided to paint himself a nice mustache like Paw Paw's.
Even Cash joined us to paint pumpkins...
Unfortunately, Hayes thought he would make a beautiful canvas.
AND the finished product......
Pumpkin painting at its finest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment