Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Parades!

I have always loved Christmas time, but experiencing it with your child is simply amazing beyond words! Hayes is just enjoying all the Christmas festivities so much this year and I am trying to squeeze in every little thing possible. Seriously, I even have a calendar that I have written every event that sounds somewhat Christmas-y within a 30-mile radius of us. One of the fun things we did this past weekends was attend the Capital City Christmas Parade in Montgomery Friday night and the Prattville Christmas Parade Saturday evening. The sad part was that the Prattville parade was at 4:00 and the Auburn game started at 3:00, and you know it must a pretty special event if I am missing part of an Auburn game! But after seeing how much Hayes loved the parade on Friday, I knew I had to take him again on Saturday, even if it meant missing seeing my beloved Tigers for a few quarters. Of course, Daddy stayed home to pull them through for us!

Anyway, I cannot put into words the look of wonder on Hayes' face during the parade on Friday night. He was simply in awe. I am blaming it on the pregnancy hormones, but I actually teared up watching his little face light up! He was just so amazed by all the floats, the lights, and of course the firetrucks!! He also loved all of the bands and he was shaking his little booty the entire time. Not to mention, that I know his little hand probably was sore the next morning, because he NEVER stopped waving the entire two hours we were there!

They had lots of characters dressed up and Hayes got so excited, until he saw the firetruck behind them, and the characters didn't have a chance. Cinderella came over to Hayes and he looked at her and told her, "There's a firetruck!!"  He is definately all boy! Here are some pics from the Montgomery parade.


Then on Saturday night, Hayes and I went to the Prattville parade with my great friends, Shawna and Brittany, and their boys. Hayes always has a great time with his buddies, Reece and Sage, and loved catching candy with them at the parade! I think the little guy screamed "Merryyy Cwittmas" atleast 150 times. So sweet! Since Daddy didn't attend this parade with us, I spent most of my time trying to keep Hayes from getting run over by a float, so I didn't get many pictures, but here are a couple before the parade.

We did, however, make it home from the parade in time to watch our Tigers become SEC CHAMPS!! I couldn't think of a better ending to an awesome day! WAR EAGLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment