Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Deckin' the halls....

We are finished with all of our Christmas decorating....finally! We got a late start this year, since I was in the hospital all last week, and I was beginning to think we would never get everything finished. I LOVE our real tree, but it almost caused David and I to get divorced last night :). He couldn't get it straight in the stand and my big pregnant self couldn't hold the darn thing up straight for two hours while he worked underneath it, then Hayes had his hammer trying to help, and I had to have it perfectly straight and blah, blah, blah. Two trips to Wal-Mart, some help from the neighbors and a roll of duct tape later, we finally got it straight in the stand. AND I would like to give a big shout out to the person who invented the tree skirt.

After all that, this girl was hitting the sack, so the decorating of the tree had to wait until tonight. We had a great time decorating, and of course, Hayes had some decorating ideas of his own....





After untangling the kid and the dog, we finally got to work on the tree.

And the finished result.....
And with the lights off....:)

Of course, we had to get Ella Bailey an ornament. Can't believe she will actually be here to enjoy Christmas with us next year!


And here is Hayes' favorite ornament....


Finally, we have a  house that is decorated inside and out, which means we also have one tired mama. Night!!




1 comment:

  1. Kristin,

    I love reading your blog! Hayes is a DOLL and the picture of him and the dog covered in lights literally cracked me up (Christmas card picture for sure)!! You look fantastic and I have enjoyed following your progress. I hope that you are feeling better and get to enjoy the rest of Christmas and holiday season at home :) Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete