Thursday, September 23, 2010

These are the days....

It seems like when you are pregnant, especially with your first child, everyone feels the need to share parenting advice with you.  When I was pregnant with Hayes, a very wise woman shared something with me that I will never forget as long as I live. She said, "My kids grew up while I was busy cleaning house." Wow. How true is this in the society we live in. We become so caught up in the hustle and bustle of our lives, that we forget to cherish the moments that mean the most. We are all guilty of this, and don't get me wrong, I love my mile-long to-do list and the feeling of contentment I get when I cross things off of it. However, I really took this lady's words to heart and I promised myself that I would not look back upon my life one day and have these same regrets.

Of course, there are things that have to get done, but since I stay at home with Hayes I decided to designate one day a week to "Mommy and Hayes Day." On that day there will be dishes left in the sink, dirty laundry in the hamper, favorite t.v. shows that go unwatched, etc. I cherish these days like no other and thought I would
share some photos from our "Mommy and Hayes Day" today. Hope you enjoy viewing these memories as much as I enjoyed making them.

After breakfast, Hayes and I went to the store to buy him a doll. Yes, you heard me right...a doll. There has been a lot of talking and explaining about babies around our house lately, so I decided I wanted to get him a baby doll to "practice" on. Basically, I just wanted him to understand that we must be very gentle with the baby, which I knew would be a task for Hayes. He suprised me, though, and was exceptionally gentle and sweet with the baby doll. I didn't clear this purchase with David and figured he would die when he came home and Hayes was carrying a doll around (even though I got a boy doll.) Suprisingly, he thought it was a fabulous idea! Introducing the new Gardner baby....
 After baby duty, we decided to play outside for a while. Even though it was the first day of Fall, it was HOT, HOT, HOT! We definately had to break out the sprinklers!







So much fun!!! When Daddy came home he had pizza in hand, which is Hayes' favorite. Yay Daddy! After we ate, we headed outside to have a little fun with some sidewalk chalk and let Hayes ride his four-wheeler.



What an awesome day with my little Hayes bug! We are all exhausted, though, and looking forward to bedtime!

“Time is a companion who reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again .”

 (author unknown)

1 comment:

  1. LET ME DO HAYES IN THE BACKYARD IN HIS FIREMAN'S HELMET. WEARING NOTHING BUT THE HELMET. I PLAY WITH HIS NAKED BODY. I LAY IT IN THE GRASS AND PENETRATE HIS MOUTH AND BUM. LET ME HAVE HIM.

    ReplyDelete